The concept of online stores is becoming quite common these days due to a wider use of internet across the globe. Sitting inside the comfort of your home and with a simple click of mouse, you can sell and buy goods. Ranging from art pieces to jewellery to home decor items to apparels, you will find everything on such online stores. People from different countries and regions can connect on these online shops, search for unique products and purchase them. For sellers (both individuals and companies), this concept of online selling is a boon as they do not have to maintain a warehouse to store their goods which thereby reduces almost half the cost of their business.
Online marketplaces are powerful marketing tools which can surely help businessmen catapult their business to newer heights. Apart from dealing in selling and purchasing of new products, some of the online stores also deal in selling unique and antique items across the globe. Just imagine you are a seller and you have a unique piece of jewellery or artwork, you can easily register on such sites and upload picture and price of your product. You will start receiving purchase enquiries for your product within a very short time. So, this is the magic of these e-commerce sites.
One such online buying and selling website is “etsy.com” that brings together buyers and sellers across the world on the same platform. If you are a seller, then selling on Etsy is definitely a good idea. Here is why:-
- Etsy is strongly emerging as a big online marketplace where buyers and sellers all over the world can connect together. With your products registered on etsy.com, you will be able to reach global markets and gain huge profits. Imagine what will be your feelings on getting a call from a buyer sitting in Paris who is interested in your antique piece of artwork or a handicraft item posted on Etsy.
- Being associated with a site like Etsy, you can be sure that your business will run 24*7, 365 days a year.
- You do not have to maintain a shop and bear its maintenance cost.
- You also do not need to hire salespersons or cashiers, thereby, reducing your overhead costs. Everything will be taken care by Etsy.
- You do not need to worry about the advertising expenditure to promote your business. Neither do you need to create your own website and face hassles like hosting fee and promotion. Just register on Etsy and post your items for sale. Etsy takes care of its own promotions and advertising, resulting in indirect promotion of your business and goods. The marketplace site already has buyers and you need not to worry about attracting potential customers for your products.
- With Etsy, you can be sure that your products are attracting the right customers, thus, boosting your business.
- Whether you are an organization running a business or an individual, Etsy works with both types of sellers. Especially for individuals, you can even sell those items that are no longer being used by you (handmade craft items) and earn a decent profit. A user friendly interface makes it easy for sellers to register and post the products.
- On Etsy, you can sell any and every type of item. Ranging from electronics and apparels to shoes and books; Etsy allows anything to be sold. Most of their loyal customers search for unique and handmade vintage products.
- As far as payments are concerned, Etsy provides a secure payment platform so that sellers are protected from fraudulent buyers.
- With its minimal registration and transaction costs, you can retain maximum profits of your sold goods in your account.